Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spending the Afternoon with Film

 
I recently spent an afternoon with my brother-in-law Eric G. He is taking a photography class at WCU and has access to a film developing lab. He invited me to come shoot a few rolls and develop them with him. I started out shooting with film but I have never developed myself.  Eric is actually borrowing the Olympus OM-1 that was originally my dad's.

I thought it would be fun to use an old ARGUS that I have.

After we unloaded and developed the film, we decided what to print.

It made me want to build a light table. 

I was excited to be able to be able to print as well! Eric had to print a few for his portfolio so I let him do the printing.  Next time I go, I will be all over it! I did not have a lot of usable pictures.  It took me while to get the hang of the camera: a little more complex due to mechanics and age. The focusing mechanism was pretty challenging.

This one is my favorite.

I am happy to be able to say I can develop film. I hope to be able to go back and spend some more time in the lab.