Thursday, March 6, 2014


First DSLR Video

I went with my churches youth group to their annual  winter retreat - My father brother and I do the sound, media, and video for the retreat. We normally switch between different roles throughout the weekend. This year I was able to focus on the Recap video. It was the first time we did not take our Sony cameras that record to MiniDV tapes so we did not have to worry about capture but it was also the first time I have relied sole on my DLSR for video work. 

This was my rig - extremely basic - I did not need to worry about audio and I made sure to use the 14-24 to keep the focus in check with out a follow focus.



I built the stabilizer last year to use at retreat.

It is made with aluminum, dowels, and bicycle handle grips.


I did use my 70-200 for some focus pull shots but I keep my camera mounted to a tripod.
Here is the video, Enjoy!



Here are some stills from the weekend.